Description: The Crew Vice President is elected by the youth members and is the secondary leader of the crew. He or she leads meetings and activities, and conducts the monthly officers’ meetings in the absence or called upon of the Crew President. The Vice President is also the overseer of all the Crew Positions. He or She will bring ideas and concerns to the Crew Advisors & Committee Chairman. The Crew President is equivalent to the Assistant Senior Patrol Leader!
Responsibilities: The Crew Vice President responsibilities are to:
- Serves as youth leader of the crew in the presidents absence or when called upon.
- Works closely with Youth Secretary, Treasurer, Guide, Quartermaster & Historian.
- Represents the crew at Teen Leaders’ Council (TLC) meetings and council TLC program planning conference.
- Assists the Crew President, Crew Advisor & Crew Committee Chairman in conducting the crew officer’s seminar.
- Presents the annual report to the Chartered Organization Representative at the conclusion of the term of office.
- Assesses on an ongoing basis whether the responsibilities of the officers are being considered and carried out effectively.
- Sets an example by following the rules of the crew.
- Wears the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learns and lives by the Scout Oath and the Scout Law.
- Approaches Venturing and encourages others to approach Venturing in the spirit of fun and enjoyment.
As a Crew Officer:
- Foster and develops an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Works in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor.
- Assists in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Upholds the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensures that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivates the capacity to enjoy life – have fun and explore while leading.