Description: The Crew Treasurer is elected by the youth members and is the youth financial officer of the crew. He or she assists the Committee Treasurer assisting but not limited to collecting all money coming to the crew from dues, money-earning projects, or other sources. Records are reviewed with the Committee Treasurer and is presented to the Crew Committee during their business meetings.
The treasurer sets crew budgets the allotted amount of money on the trip we have set on the activity calendar and is reviewed by the crew officers, Advisor, and Committee Chairman! All expenditures are approved by crew officers, Advisor, and Committee Chairman
LARGE AMOUNT PURCHASES WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE CREW COMMITTEE!
Responsibilities: The Youth Treasurer responsibilities are to:
- Serves as the financial officer and, in that position, maintains financial records and monitors the crew budget under the supervision of the Committee Treasurer.
- Collects and disburses the allotted money for Outings with the Crew Officers.
- Communicates with the officers and members on a regular basis to keep them informed about the crew’s finances.
- Sets an example by following the rules of the crew.
- Wears the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learns and lives by the Scout Oath and the Scout Law.
- Approaches Venturing in the spirit of fun, and spreads this spirit in carrying out the treasurer’s responsibilities.
- Treasurer MUST return any financial ledgers, books etc to the Committee Treasurer after any events! Financial ledgers, books, etc WON’T be taken home with any youth member unless otherwise told so by any Crew Adult Officer!
As a Crew Officer:
- Foster and develops an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Works in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor, President & Vice President.
- Assists in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Upholds the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensures that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivates the capacity to enjoy life – have fun and explore while leading.