Description: The Crew Guide is a special crew officer that serves as an individual mentor for new Venturers, assisting in their understanding of the Venturing program and participation in crew activities.
Responsibilities: The Youth Guide responsibilities are to:
- Serves as an individual mentor for new Venturers, assisting in their understanding of the Venturing program and participation in crew activities.
- Teaches the basic skills of the Venturing crew.
- Counsels individuals Venturers on Venturing challenges.
- Sets a good example.
- Wears the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learns and lives by the Scout Oath and the Scout Law.
- Approaches Venturing in the spirit of fun, and seeks to reflect this spirit in the individual mentoring of new Venturers.
As a Crew Officer:
- Foster and develops an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Works in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor, President & Vice President.
- Assists in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Upholds the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensures that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivates the capacity to enjoy life – have fun and explore while leading.