Description: The Crew Quartermaster is a special crew officer that keeps track of crew equipment and sees that it is in good working order. He/she issues equipment and makes sure it is returned in good condition.
Responsibilities: The Youth Quartermaster responsibilities are to:
- Keeps records on crew equipment.
- Makes sure equipment is in good working condition.
- Issues equipment and makes sure it is returned in good condition.
- Makes suggestions for new or replacement items.
- Works with the crew committee member responsible for equipment.
- Sets a good example.
- Wears the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learns and lives by the Scout Oath and the Scout Law.
- Approaches Venturing in the spirit of fun, and seeks to reflect this spirit in the individual mentoring of new Venturers.
- Quartermaster MUST return keys to the Crew Advisor or Committee Chairman after any events!
As a Crew Officer:
- Foster and develops an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Works in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor, President & Vice President.
- Assists in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Upholds the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensures that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivates the capacity to enjoy life – have fun and explore while leading.