Description: The Venturing Crew Committee is responsible for conducting the business of the crew, setting policy, and helping the Advisor and Venturers with planned activities. The committee also has the responsibility to provide adults for crew review committees. This is an important responsibility and is one area were help is always needed and appreciated. The committee consists of parent volunteers who fulfill various roles on the committee.
Responsibilities: The Venturing Crew Committee responsibilities are to:
- Ensures that quality adult leadership is recruited and trained. In case the Advisor is absent, a qualified Associate Advisor is assigned. If the Advisor is unable to serve, a replacement is recruited.
- Provides adequate meeting facilities.
- Advises the Advisor on policies relating to Venturing and the chartered organization.
- Supports leaders in carrying out the program.
- Is responsible for finances, adequate funds, and disbursements in line with the approved budget plan.
- Obtains, maintains, and properly cares for crew property.
- Serves on boards of review and crew review committee.
- Supports the Advisor in working with individual youth and problems that may affect the overall crew program.
- Provides for the special needs and assistance some youth may require.
- Helps with the Friends of Scouting campaign.
- Assists the Advisor with handling youth behavioral problems.