Definition: The Committee Chairman is appointed by the chartered organization and registered as an adult leader of the BSA. The troop committee chairman appoints and supervises the unit committee and unit leaders.
Responsibilities: The Committee Chairman’s responsibilities are to:
- Organize the committee to see that all functions are delegated, coordinated and completed.
- Maintain a close relationship with the chartered organization representative and the Scoutmaster.
- See that unit leaders and committee members have training opportunities.
- Interpret national and local policies to the unit.
- Work closely with the Scoutmaster in preparing Troop Committee meeting agendas.
- Call, preside over, and promote attendance at monthly unit committee meetings and any special meetings that may be called.
- Ensure unit representation at monthly round-tables.
- Secure top-notch, trained individuals for camp membership.
- Arrange for charter review and recharter annually.
- Plan the charter presentation program.